Love Birds

Love Birds
Soon to be twice as Smart :)

About Me

A country girl from Washington meets a handsome man from Utah, they fall in love and are getting married! I am so excited to become Mrs. Smart! My brothers say "I'll be one of the first blondes to become Smart" lol, too cute. Anyways, in this happy and exciting time, Matthew and I thought it would be great to create a blog where friends and family alike can follow us and learn a little about the happy couple! A place where engagement pictures can be viewed, our how we met story, the proposal story, of course, and our info concerning the big day! IE: times and locations for the ceremony, and reception center, the reception center link, directions, registry, and other tid bits. We want to include friends and loved ones that support us and want to include you in our happiness as a couple! We can't wait to start a life together and are so excited we have people like you in our lives!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Our Reception Center

Le Jardin:
If you have ever dreamed of an enchanted magical garden wedding, the courtyard at Le Jardin offers you the most beautiful setting to make your dreams come true. One of Utah's most gorgeous reception centers is located at the foot of Wasatch Mountains, boasting some of the most beautiful views, having the mountains as a scenery backdrop. The secret garden atmosphere was something both Matthew and myself fell in love with! As soon as we walked in and were accommodated with exceptional customer service from the ladies in the Rose shop at the location, we were so pleased with this place and felt it surpassed all other reception centers we had traveled near and far to. I am so excited to share memories of our Big Day here at this place and because it feels like a fairytale wedding. I feel all the pictures will really turn out at this place and everyone will have fun perusing through the garden walkways. It is nice because the dinner tables are scattered about in the greenery, flowers and fountains, so it gives you a secluded feel but at the same time it is quite an open and relaxing atmosphere. 

It's A Click Away: (Follow the link)
If you guys would like to check out the website for the reception center it is http://www.lejardinweddings.com/ 
If you want additional information for directions etc.. or if you just want a sneak peak of where the upcoming events will be held! For any of you with upcoming weddings or needing ideas, you might want to peruse through what they offer. At night in the garden all the twinkling lights are on and it is breathtakingly magical! Something to consider...

Ramblings and tid bits of the reception:
My table colors are yellow and white to be more simplistic as that is my focal color for my wedding and their putting big fluffy bows on the backs of each chair! Our center pieces will be orchids which I feel is such an pretty floral center piece. The simplicity of the flower makes it an elegant feel. With this reception site we chose, my shabby chic theme fits perfectly with it! I'm SO excited! You know the old vintage faded rustic white furniture you find in antique stores? Well, that is the feel I am going for... rustic flower pots, the faded yellow color and 50's tiffany blue/sea foam green color, vintage picture frames, old type writers, that kind of feel. And it is in a garden so it like a little old school garden party, how cute right! [no that was not a question, I know it's to die for cute :)] Quite feminine if you ask me. I'm having the men and boys in grey. I think yellow and grey together is very fashionable and more of the soft feel i'm going for. Then Matthew and I picked out these really cool and unique ties for our brothers and fathers and they were all sold out and we had to get them at different stores. The print on them is a mix between vintage and retro to be honest. The ties are so unique and fun that it keeps everything fresh and not too matchy-matchy y'know? I kinda like more of the eclectic feel to things. Not so much "granny's garden"...more of like the damask vintage. I like combining themes because that's how I am and it expresses myself a lot more. And hey, if I can get away with it... :).  Anyways, and then as far as foods we will focus more on a dessert bar, fruits and little chicken salad sandwiches. like at a tea party or garden party you have eclairs and tarts etc... making things light and keeps people mingling with one another. Matthew and I are less formal than others... we don't want to stand in a line for 3 hours and only get a 5 second chat with everyone. [you know that awkwardness when some person you seriously don't even know spouts off "how wonderful and great you are and welcome to the family" and act like they've known you for several years? And all you can say back to them in the line up is "uh, oh, well thank you so much. I'm so happy to have you come!" Well, I want to fix that by actually engaging in a conversation with them. then maybe I actually will get to know them, lol.] We want to be in and amongst you conversing with one another! And I want to see if I can get Matthew to dance for me somewhere along the lines as well! Anyways, there are so many cool and exciting things I want to do at my reception! But it will honestly be a fun day no matter what. And I can't tell you everything right here on this blog...you will have to come and see how it turns out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment