Love Birds

Love Birds
Soon to be twice as Smart :)

About Me

A country girl from Washington meets a handsome man from Utah, they fall in love and are getting married! I am so excited to become Mrs. Smart! My brothers say "I'll be one of the first blondes to become Smart" lol, too cute. Anyways, in this happy and exciting time, Matthew and I thought it would be great to create a blog where friends and family alike can follow us and learn a little about the happy couple! A place where engagement pictures can be viewed, our how we met story, the proposal story, of course, and our info concerning the big day! IE: times and locations for the ceremony, and reception center, the reception center link, directions, registry, and other tid bits. We want to include friends and loved ones that support us and want to include you in our happiness as a couple! We can't wait to start a life together and are so excited we have people like you in our lives!

Friday, July 1, 2011

CAKEALICIOUS

So, we still need our Wedding Cake done, I know, its crunch time, lol. Anyways, these are examples that kind've inspired what I want to do! I like the simplicity of the cake and how the focal point is the flowers since our reception center is in a garden, its very suiting. Obviously, I'll put my own twist to the feel of the cake but these kinda struck my fancy for what I'm going for. Matthew and I want buttercream. I'm not a fan of fondant perse and it just doesn't look as soft and feminine nor does it taste very good sometimes. Matthew and I really like the last example-the one that looks like it has vintage wallpaper on it! But we will see what we can do. Anyways, just thought I would post pictures as to what I might do... As far as which one I pick, you will just have to come and find out ;)


 Branchy Blossoms
 Elegance in cocoanut pearls
 Fresh and feminine 
 Simplicity
Vintage


Matthew and I will probably go through Kneaders because they have an exceptional reputation and quality product. Every time I've eaten there I have been thoroughly pleased! I just have to get back to the lady on the pictures I sent her via email since she is doing another wedding cake that day as well, so wish me luck! We will at least cater through them so here is a link to see what they offer Kneaders Catering. Matthew and I never knew they catered! And you only need to give them 24hrs in advance! Wow, sure saved our lives! :). Anyways, those are our updates for today... keep in tune for the upcoming wedding day events! We will make a post of all the times and details. 

1 comment:

  1. yay!! i didn't know you had a blog!!! i love the last cake, sooo gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete